Preparing your Yard for Hydromulching
The new lawn area should be prepped just as if you were installing sod.
- If needed, add 1-2 inches of quality top soil to an area clear of weeds and rocks.
- All ROCKS bigger than a golf ball should be removed.
- Fill in low spots and grade to approximate level.
- Rough spade or roto-till the area to be planted. (This step is not to be used for OVERSEEDING)
- Rake and level the area until the surface is smooth.
For over Seeding your Lawn
- All WEEDS should be removed. If there are too many to remove, spray them with a Round-Up type product, following directions on the product, at least 7-10 days prior to our application appointment.
- TWO days before seeding, mow the dead weeds to no more than 1 inch tall, catch or rake the entire yard and remove all clippings.
- We recommend you rent a “plug aerator” and make lots of holes in the lawn. Make multiple passes in all directions. Liquid Lawn offers this service based on the size of your yard.
- Leave the “plugs” on the lawn, they will break down and give valuable nutrients back into the soil. ““Plugging” a lawn allows nutrients and air to penetrate to the root system.
NOTE: If overseeding, we need to apply the hydromulch before any significant rain is forecast.